Welcome to the Silver Spring International Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association (SSIMS PTSA)! We have a community of approximately 1150 students and are lucky to be one of the most diverse school communities in the county. The PTSA is an important and energetic part of the SSIMS community. We’re committed to supporting every student, teacher, and staff member at our school so that all students have what they need to thrive and succeed.
Monetary donations are accepted by the SSIMS PTSA at any time. Please use this donation page.
SSIMS Parents and Guardians!
If you donate to the Jag Jog, you could WIN A WEEK OF
"Learn, Grow & Lead" Teen Summer Camp!
The PTSA is very happy to announce a special drawing to thank our many generous Jag Jog supporters. You can win a free week of 2019 summer camp for your middle schooler from HOOP ED!
This exciting program is for teens only who can participate in cool activities and learn life skills in a super fun and supportive environment! Each week brings a new focus and awesome skills to learn as well as an opportunity to earn 15 community service hours. The camp is held in Kensington, just off of the beltway on Connecticut Avenue at Grace Episcopal Church.
For more information visit: https://hoopeducation.com/
For information about last year’s Learn, Grow & Lead camps visit: https://hoopeducation.com/daycamp/lgl.html
All interested parents who donated $100 or more to our Jag Jog Fundraiser will be placed into a drawing to win one free week of summer camp. You can participate in the drawing if you make a contribution of $100 or more before the end of 2018. If you already donated your $100, that works too!
To be included in the drawing, you must send an email to the PTSA at JagJogDrawing@gmail.com by December 31, 2018. Your e-mail should include three things:
- your best contact information;
- the name and grade of your student; and
- the date and method of your Jag Jog donation (by Paypal, check or Mighty Cause) so that the PTSA can confirm your eligibility for the drawing.
MANY THANKS to HOOP ED for their generous donation and Good Luck in the drawing!
Jagamania, the 2018 SSIMS Jag Jog FUNdraiser, took place on Tuesday, Nov 13!
Thank you to the army of adult volunteers who purchased snacks ahead of time, sprayed kids with color, handed out snacks, directed student traffic and assisted with both set up and clean up! It was a hugely successful event that brought us very close to our overall fundraising goal of $15,000!
Though the event has concluded, we are still accepting Jag Jog donations through the end of December!
We are SO CLOSE to our goal!!
Please review the FAQs and help your student launch their own Mightycause webpage at https://www.mightycause.com/JagJog2018 (just scroll down to the bottom and click on "Start your own fundraiser to support this organization"). Of course, you can simply make donations via our PayPal link as well.
SSIMS staff is prepared to offer one-of-a-kind incentives to do their best to help raise funds for the school. This year, when we hit 5K, three teachers agreed to funny upcoming challenges (one teacher will wear a ball gown to school, another will dye his beard orange and a third teacher will take a whipped cream pie in the face!). When we hit 10K, the three Assistant Principals agreed to wear a dinosaur costume to school! The dinosaur costumes have been ordered for wear in the very near future!!!! And if we hit 15K, Ms. Bryant has agreed to be the target of a Silly String Attack!
Please continue your outreach to family, friends, and neighbors to help us reach our fundraising goal.
Below are some additional ways to stay connected to SSIMS and get involved in the PTSA. We look forward to seeing you this school year!
(1) Join the SSIMS Listserv -- stay up-to-date on happenings at SSIMS!
(2) Join the SSIMS PTSA Facebook Group -- Search for "SSIMS PTSA" in the search bar on Facebook. This is a closed group and membership must be approved by the moderator. Please indicate your relationship to SSIMS and the name/grade of your student to be approved.
(3) Create an account for this website here -- That way you can pay for your PTSA membership online! If you already have an account, please log in to update your contact information and your child's grade.
(4) Once logged in, join the PTSA here -- Please remember you should renew your membership every year. The cost is only $10 per adult member. Membership dues go directly towards supporting the teachers, staff and students at SSIMS. You are welcome to also make an additional monetary donation at any time by visiting the donation page.
(5) Support SSIMS PTSA while shopping on Amazon -- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases when you shop on Smile.Amazon.com and select "Silver Spring International Middle School PTSA" as your charity.
(6) Support SSIMS while shopping at Giant -- Go to Giant's A+ Page to either sign in or create an account. When completing the form, be sure to enter the SSIMS A+ number: 03788.
(7) Support SSIMS while shopping at eScrip merchants -- All you have to do is register your various grocery loyalty cards and your credit & debit cards on eScrip. Then when you use those cards at thousands of participating merchants, grocers, and drug stores, they automatically make a contribution to SSIMS. It's free and secure. Go to eScrip to create an account & register your cards. Please be sure to enter the SSIMS eScrip number: 6564289.
(8) Reach out anytime to the PTSA co-presidents with any questions or concerns. -- You can reach Courtney Peterson and Maryse Mills-Apenteng (both mothers of 6th graders at SSIMS) at SSIMSpresidents@gmail.com.
The PTSA is a group of volunteer parents and guardians like you, who advocate for the education and well-being of students. We plan enrichment activities for students, guest speakers and educational events for parents, provide support to teachers through mini-grants, donations and celebratory / appreciation events, and we seek to create a welcoming community for ALL families.
In Jaguar Spirit,
Silver Spring International Middle School 2018-2019 PTSA Leadership
Liz Dart Caron
8th grade VPs
7th grade VPs
6th grade VPs
Fundraising & Events Chairperson
NAACP Parent Representatives
Purple Line/CIP Liaisons
Listserv & Facebook Group Moderator