Welcome to the Silver Spring International Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association (SSIMS PTSA)! We have a community of approximately 1150 students and are lucky to be one of the most diverse school communities in the county. The PTSA is an important and energetic part of the SSIMS community. We’re committed to supporting every student, teacher, and staff member at our school so that all students have what they need to thrive and succeed. We hope that you will embrace this wonderful community and that you will share your time and talents with our students, teachers, and staff. We guarantee you that your assistance will have huge rewards for the students and that you will find tremendous satisfaction in helping at SSIMS.
THANK YOU to everyone for making this year's Jag Jog such a fun event! Although the event has now passed, the fundraising has not. Please continue to donate using the various links below so we can reach our $20,000 goal. Every little bit helps!
Our signature fundraising effort, Jag Jog, is a community fun run for the whole school. SSIMS students, faculty, and staff will run, walk, jog, and skip around our track to raise money for the school. Over the last three years, the Jag Jog has funded a variety of mini-grants such as our international flag project (purchasing & displaying flags from all the countries that our students come from), a new chapter of the National Junior Honor Society, and supplies for our arts and music programs. If you don't want to donate via our MightyCause website, you can also donate to Jag Jog via PayPal or our donation page.
Some dates and events to look out for include (please click on "Calendar" above for additional events and information):
- 1/15/2020 SSIMS Drama Club performance of "Peter & the Starcatcher" (SSIMS Band Room, 7-9pm)
- 1/16/2020 SSIMS Drama Club performance of "Peter & the Starcatcher" (SSIMS Band Room, 7-9pm)
- 1/17/2020 SSIMS Drama Club performance of "Peter & the Starcatcher" (SSIMS Band Room, 7-9pm)
- 1/21/2020 6th Grade Reunión Informativa sobre el Viaje de Educación al Aire Libre (en la biblioteca, 7-8pm)
- 1/29/2020 Articulation Night for Parents of Incoming SSIMS 5th Graders (6:30-7:30pm)
- 1/31/2020 Parents' Night Out "Secret Life of Pets 2" + pizza + popcorn fundraiser for French Immersion Program (SSIMS Band Room 6:30pm-9pm) Please RSVP by 1/28.
- 2/7/2020 6th Grade Outdoor Education forms and payment ($83) are due. Scholarships are available, please contact the school for details. Not sure when your child is attending? Looking for a packing list? Want to be a parent chaperone? Visit the school's website for more information or to sign up as a chaperone.
SSIMS Yearbook: This school year will live forever in the pages of the yearbook. Help your child remember friends, classes, fun, and more by purchasing a 2020 yearbook for them today. Don’t wait — if you want to personalize the book, namestamping starts at $6.50 extra and must be purchased before Jan. 25! The cost of the yearbook is $25 if ordered by May 29, $30 if ordered May 30-31. To use a credit card, debit card, or PayPal, go to yearbookforever.com and search for "Silver Spring International Middle School".
Below are some ways to stay connected to SSIMS and get involved in the PTSA. We look forward to seeing you this school year!
(1) Create an account for this website here -- That way you can pay for your PTSA membership online! If you already have an account, please log in to update your contact information and your child's grade.
(2) Once logged in, join the PTSA here -- Please remember you should renew your membership every year. The cost is only $10 per adult member. Membership dues go directly towards supporting the teachers, staff, and students at SSIMS. You are welcome to make an additional monetary donation at any time via PayPal or Direct Donation. You can also order and pay for SSIMS Spirit Wear (T-shirts and car magnets).
(3) Join the SSIMS PTSA Listserv -- stay up-to-date on happenings at SSIMS!
(4) Join the SSIMS PTSA Facebook Group -- Search for "SSIMS PTSA" in the search bar on Facebook. This is a closed group and membership must be approved by the moderator. Please indicate your relationship to SSIMS and the name/grade of your student to be approved.
(5) Support SSIMS PTSA while shopping on Amazon -- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases when you shop on Smile.Amazon.com and select "Silver Spring International Middle School PTSA" as your charity.
(6) Support SSIMS while shopping at Giant -- Go to Giant's A+ Page to either sign in or create an account. When completing the form, be sure to enter the SSIMS A+ number: 03788.
(7) Support SSIMS while shopping at eScrip merchants -- All you have to do is register your various grocery loyalty cards and your credit & debit cards on eScrip. Then when you use those cards at thousands of participating merchants, grocers, and drug stores, they automatically make a contribution to SSIMS. It's free and secure. Go to eScrip to create an account & register your cards. Please be sure to enter the SSIMS eScrip number: 6564289.
SSIMSpresidents@gmail.com with any questions or concerns. (8) Reach out anytime to the PTSA
The PTSA is a group of volunteer parents and guardians like you, who advocate for the education and well-being of students. We plan enrichment activities for students, guest speakers and educational events for parents, provide support to teachers through mini-grants, donations and celebratory / appreciation events, and we seek to create a welcoming community for ALL families.
Each of you has a unique set of skills and expertise to share and your talents can play an important part in making SSIMS the best school in the county! It’s going to be a great year at SSIMS. We have a tremendous school leadership team, committed and dynamic teachers, and amazing students and families. We look forward to seeing you in the school, in the community, and as an active member of the PTSA.
In Jaguar Spirit,
Your 2019-2020 Silver Spring International Middle School PTSA Leadership
8th Grade VPs
7th Grade VP
6th Grade VP
Vice President, Fundraising
Listserv / Social Media
Purple Line / CIP Initiatives