Welcome to the Silver Spring International Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association (SSIMS PTSA)! We have a community of approximately 1150 students and are lucky to be one of the most diverse school communities in the county. The PTSA is an important and energetic part of the SSIMS community. We’re committed to supporting every student, teacher, and staff member at our school so that all students have what they need to thrive and succeed.
Monetary donations are accepted by the SSIMS PTSA at any time. Please use this donation page.
Jagamania, the 2018 SSIMS Jag Jog FUNdraiser, is Tuesday, Nov 13! Parent and guardians, in addition to student-led fundraising, we are recruiting business sponsorships. Do you own a business or know someone that does? Please become a sponsor. Don't own a business, but have a favorite one or two? Please ask your favorite business owners if they would consider sponsoring the Jag Jog! Please contact Stacey Ricci (email@example.com), our 6th Grade VP, who can provide you with a form letter.
We also need adult volunteers leading up to and on Jag Jog day – Tues. Nov. 13th. You can purchase snacks ahead of time, spray kids with color, hand out snacks, direct student traffic, set up, or clean up. Believe us, there is a job for you! Remember, this is a half-day for kids, so if you can come for an hour or for the whole morning, you are needed! Please get on the Jag Jog train & visit this SignUpGenius link to see how you can help. And thank you in advance for your support!
Please check out the Jagamania imovie trailer as well as the FAQs and help your student launch their own Mightycause webpage at https://www.mightycause.com/JagJog2018 (just scroll down to the bottom and click on "Start your own fundraiser to support this organization"). Of course, you can simply make donations via our PayPal link as well.
There will be fun prizes that kids can win, and the SSIMS staff is prepared to offer one-of-a-kind incentives to do their best to help raise funds for the school. Past incentives have included (so I understand) pies in the face, duct-taping the principal to the WALL (!), and dunking staff full on in a water tank! Who knows what 2018 will bring!
Now is the time to get things going with your outreach to family, friends, and neighbors to help us reach our fundraising goal.
We need your help! The Fundraising Committee is seeking organized, energetic, and creative members to manage fundraising efforts to support SSIMS PTSA activities and events. Fundraisers enable the PTSA to award grants to teachers that fund innovative programs for our students, scholarships to students (for programs like Outdoor Ed) and provide ongoing appreciation events for the dedicated faculty and staff at SSIMS. Established fundraising events include the annual Jag Jog (occurs on 11/13) and various restaurant nights in the downtown Silver Spring area. Please contact PTSA co-presidents, Courtney Peterson & Maryse Mills-Apenteng at SSIMSpresidents@gmail.com to get involved.
Below are some additional ways to stay connected to SSIMS and get involved in the PTSA. We look forward to seeing you this school year!
(1) Join the SSIMS Listserv -- stay up-to-date on happenings at SSIMS!
(2) Join the SSIMS PTSA Facebook Group -- Search for "SSIMS PTSA" in the search bar on Facebook. This is a closed group and membership must be approved by the moderator. Please indicate your relationship to SSIMS and the name/grade of your student to be approved.
(3) Create an account for this website here -- That way you can pay for your PTSA membership online! If you already have an account, please log in to update your contact information and your child's grade.
(4) Once logged in, join the PTSA here -- Please remember you should renew your membership every year. The cost is only $10 per adult member. Membership dues go directly towards supporting the teachers, staff and students at SSIMS. You are welcome to also make an additional monetary donation at any time by visiting the donation page.
(5) Mark your calendars for upcoming PTSA events:
(6) Support SSIMS PTSA while shopping on Amazon -- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases when you shop on Smile.Amazon.com and select "Silver Spring International Middle School PTSA" as your charity.
(7) Support SSIMS while shopping at Giant -- Go to Giant's A+ Page to either sign in or create an account. When completing the form, be sure to enter the SSIMS A+ number: 03788.
(8) Support SSIMS while shopping at eScrip merchants -- All you have to do is register your various grocery loyalty cards and your credit & debit cards on eScrip. Then when you use those cards at thousands of participating merchants, grocers, and drug stores, they automatically make a contribution to SSIMS. It's free and secure. Go to eScrip to create an account & register your cards. Please be sure to enter the SSIMS eScrip number: 6564289.
(9) Reach out anytime to the PTSA co-presidents with any questions or concerns. -- You can reach Courtney Peterson and Maryse Mills-Apenteng (both mothers of 6th graders at SSIMS) at SSIMSpresidents@gmail.com.
The PTSA is a group of volunteer parents and guardians like you, who advocate for the education and well-being of students. We plan enrichment activities for students, guest speakers and educational events for parents, provide support to teachers through mini-grants, donations and celebratory / appreciation events, and we seek to create a welcoming community for ALL families.
In Jaguar Spirit,
Silver Spring International Middle School 2018-2019 PTSA Leadership
Liz Dart Caron
8th grade VPs
7th grade VPs
6th grade VPs
Fundraising & Events Chairperson
NAACP Parent Representatives
Purple Line/CIP Liaisons
Listserv & Facebook Group Moderator